Firewood Scam - Connecticut Craigslist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CTJotul550, that indeed, sucks to hear. I hate it when I hear of folks, time and time again, getting ripped off buying firewood. It is a shame on our entire community, and infuriates me beyond belief. There are so many variables to buying and selling firewood (wood varieties, quantity, moisture content), and a less than knowledgeable consumer is easy prey for many an unscrupulous "dealer". Many of us have been on the $*#t-end of the stick with these guys at one time or another at the beginning of our wood burning lives, and empathize with your plight. Of course, there are those that appearently think you get what you deserve when buying firewood------->

Scottydont said:
LLigetfa said:
wood-fan-atic said:
allow me to apologize...
I don't need any ash hoe apologizing for me. I'm so sick of you urban wood burners complaining about craigslist this and craigslist that and every seller is a crook! Don't have an acre to store a decent supply of firewood? Then just stay hooked to the grid or grin and bear it.

If you're so sick of it then why bother posting? Maybe you should only reply to posts by people that live in the backwoods of NW Ontario who deal in truck loads of logs.

Wether you live in NYC or NW Ontario, you should expect to recieve goods purchased as they were represented. 3x3x4 does not equal 4x4x4. 40% MC does not equal 2 years c/s/s.

Just because there appear to be alot of unscrupulous wood sellers around doesn't mean people should just accept it. I am a new wood burner and will be purchasing some wood soon and will expect to receive what is advertised and will not accept otherwise.

.....as I said,most of us here empathize with you. Perhaps you could purchase some of those solid wood/fuel bricks to get you through this winter. Start working on that supply for next year so this doesnt happen again. If yo can get your hands on some white ash soon, you'll be good to go next year. Good luck, and sorry to hear about the CL scam. Unfortunately, they're a dime-a-dozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.