Firewood Suppliers Dutchess County NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I’ve seen them. Looks like they’re sold out until summer. I wonder if anyone has experience with them. There’s a few others that I’ve seen but their prices are up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caveat emptor. About a year ago we had a report about someone in this area delivering short cords of sopping wet wood that was sold as seasoned.

Reactions: ShawnLiNY
Yup. I did the Craigslist thing and turned a few guys away for wet wood. Im just looking for a decent supplier that’s not gonna hit me over the head with the price.

Yup. I did the Craigslist thing and turned a few guys away for wet wood. Im just looking for a decent supplier that’s not gonna hit me over the head with the price.

Good luck same down here on Long Island most Craigslist sellers ive seen are really fly by night

If you're on craigslist, look for tree services. Many of them will either ask for people to come to their jobsite and take trees, or sometimes they will even offer to come dump a truckload of logs at your house.

I quit doing it (it's easier to just go in the woods and get wood, what with all the driving and missed appointments and such), but I did get a lot of wood that way one year.

You can try www.hotasswood.com . I bought one load from this guy a few years back and it was decent wood.

I bought a cord earlier this year on CL from a guy in Beacon who had alot of trees down on his property and split all the wood. It was actually dried properly and I only paid $180 for a real full cord, but unfortunately I think it was a one shot deal.