Firewood the Easy Way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CTYank said:
Just one thing though- WTF is "picco" chain?
Somewhere between 1/4 and 3/8 low profile. Common on 35-45cc saws.

SolarAndWood said:
OhioBurner© said:
Makes my idea of a 12hp cub cadet garden tractor log hauler look a bit pathetic!

Not if it gets the job done.

Nice setup wkpoor. How did you come up with that baggage cart? I assume you go from heap to cart to firebox?
You be correct sir. Cart holds just over a cord. I refill whenever the weather and wood outside is fit. If we get a wet or snowy spell than I have enough to get me through. Also I keep about 2-3days worth inside.
I am an Aircraft Tech and that one and one other was going to scrap. I have tried everything else in the past and that has worked best by far. For the most part it is stationary storage even though the wheels on that one are bigger than most. The normal sized wheels would be useless off pavement. I can and do moved it full. In the spring it has a different home out back. In the fall it gets pulled back into position near the basement door. The golf cart is what I use to refill. That too was free from work, granted it was total junk when I got it (took almost a grand to fix it up including new batts) but after having one I'll never be without. Electric golf cart is a fantastic around the yard or farm tool. I put ags on the back but even without it was unstoppable in mud or snow. I would have one of those way before a 4 wheeler. I call it my mobile lawn chair or power wheel borrow. I even pull the lawn roller with it and this year it will rigged to spray the back field with a 25gal boom sprayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.