Firing up the Garn for first time today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemer

Feb 26, 2008
Northeast Pa
Starting the Garn as I'm writing this .So far very happy with what I'm seeing.It smoked a little like they said and then went away as the said.Water temp coming up nicely.
Not as loud as I thought it might be.No condensation as I thought I might get.So far I'm very,very happy.
I'll keep you posted with results as I go along.

Holds a little more water than your EKO? Good luck with your Garn, Randy

Hi Randy:

Now that was a fast install! What was the water temp when you started the fire?

Congrats!
Bruce

The water temp was 61 ,Fired most of the day and using alot of hot water to top it off and I'm at 175
We might use some of the heat tonight going down to 30.

Harry

Hey Harry, glad to hear there weren't any condensation problems, I will be firing mine very shortly.

I just got the pre-cleaner for the first firing on Friday from Mike at Precisionchem!

Sawyer, you haven't had a fire yet???? I live near Fond U Lac and have 10 small burns in already.

Congrats on getting the Garn going. Like you, this is my first full season running it. Should be interesting to follow your progress!

ihookem said:
Sawyer, you haven't had a fire yet???? I live near Fond U Lac and have 10 small burns in already.

We have had a few in the fireplace which heats the house. The shop is still above 55*. I just put the pex fittings on the last of the outside connections and will close up the chase tomorrow. With logging, sawing, my woodturning customers and getting the docks, boats, buildings and equipment, the inside work on the boiler has been a low priority. The days have been great for outside work and the snow is just around the corner. I also stole some time for fishing and grouse hunting with my new setter pup. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.