First Axe Refurb

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

X27

Nov 25, 2014
NH
Just finished my first Axe refurb and put it to work delimbing this weekend. Great results and highly rewarding!

Details include Vintage American head, House handle, tung oil with citrus coatings, custom designed and fabricated overstrike guard, and plenty of manual labor. Lots of fun and performs great.

c62c777248416141418253b9551c3557.jpg

8d89cbb97b3b4e244b81a68119fc012a.jpg

BC

Nothing beats those old axes. I have four that I have redone, it's a labor of love. Looks great.

Thanks! I seem to have caught the Axe restoration 'itch' and have a few maul referbs in the works and a collection of Blacksmith made no namers, Kelly, Collins, and R. King (old Collins) heads in the queue. I like my Fiskars and Gransfors splitters, but variety keeps it fun when making firewood and working in the woods.

Reactions: KenLockett
Status
Not open for further replies.