First bag (sorta)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKSY

Full Time RVer
Staff member
Dec 2, 2008
Wherever we're parked
2 January 2016. Gonna finally dig into this year's stash. Bought 6 tons in October
& they've been sitting, untouched, in my driveway since delivery.
Had 20 bags left over from last years 9-TON supply & that's all we've burnt so far.
Winter may finally be setting into the Capital District here in NY & I guess it's time to
get serious with the heat.

2 January 2016. Gonna finally dig into this year's stash. Bought 6 tons in October
& they've been sitting, untouched, in my driveway since delivery.
Had 20 bags left over from last years 9-TON supply & that's all we've burnt so far.
Winter may finally be setting into the Capital District here in NY & I guess it's time to
get serious with the heat.

Yep time to crank up the heat...its definitely cold...I put on the winter coat yesterday.....

Just for grins, & since the P61A hopper was empty anyway, I gave her the first cleaning since I started burning this season.
Ash pan was only half full, but the unit was cold, so I figgered WTF. Get er done.
Good for another ton, probably around the end of January...

The high today is 37 supposedly which is like right now. It was 30 deg overnight. Monday/Tues looks cold, not getting out of the 20's maybe. So ya, time for a fire, the stove has been off all through the Christmas stretch here. So maybe a fire till the tree comes down in a few days ( it's a wife thing, it has to be up till after New Years, don't ask OK)..

Reactions: bags
The high today is 37 supposedly which is like right now. It was 30 deg overnight. Monday/Tues looks cold, not getting out of the 20's maybe. So ya, time for a fire, the stove has been off all through the Christmas stretch here. So maybe a fire till the tree comes down in a few days ( it's a wife thing, it has to be up till after New Years, don't ask OK)..

My tree is up until Little Christmas...so can't take it down yet. I think I saw 17 for Monday night.....hope the serenity is up for the challenge

Reactions: alternativeheat
Well the 12 days of Christmas doesn't end till the 6th...>>

Reactions: alternativeheat
Well the 12 days of Christmas doesn't end till the 6th...>>
I know and so does she. Well see, there were wise men, they came visiting and it was well after the birth ( the birth date is another whole matter but we won't go there) . Cool, I love it, the story is awesome, I believe he Is The Savior etc ! I even did an intro in church on this stuff for This Christmas 2015. Just I bet there wasn't a Christmas tree to be found anywhere near there !! LOL

I think most here have had the luxury of little to no heat so far. Looking at the future forecast here the cold is about to settle in and stay I believe. It has been highs of 30's daily and down into the 20's each night the last few days. Not bad but not great either.

Around here is trending much like what you all are speaking of but not as cold. It is January after all. Guys in the snow removal business here are taking it on the chin this year. That's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.