First Bigeye tuna

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We steaked it and split it 3 ways. (Could have sold it, maybe if we got the others.) Friends and family will be eating sushi and seared tuna steaks this weekend. I'll have to get a bucket of wasabi and a jug of soy sauce.
I'm yer friend, aren't I?...:) Looks like you guys had a great time, sounds like the feast was even better still!

Reactions: Defiant
Thanks buddy, Lets get an offshore hearth trip going. You, Mad Dog, Scotty, and Gamma, oh have to add Jags.
0171.gif
Damm you, I'LL BE THERE!! It's on, next summer we're coming up!

Reactions: Defiant
Just waiting for Mad Dog and I can make this happen for next year. Off Shore tuna is just heating up now:cool:
I'm serious, me and Mad Dog will make the trip. Hopefully Jags and SS can get out this way too. I have long-dreamt of going off shore tuna fishing......Let me know the kind of money I need to save and I will start this winter.

I'm serious, me and Mad Dog will make the trip. Hopefully Jags and SS can get out this way too. I have long-dreamt of going off shore tuna fishing......Let me know the kind of money I need to save and I will start this winter.
If we go with my buddy out of Point Judith RI slow comfortable 35' Eastern for an overnighter looking at less than $200 a person. We catch fish.

Reactions: ScotO
If we go with my buddy out of Point Judith RI slow comfortable 35' Eastern for an overnighter looking at less than $200 a person. We catch fish.
years ago, went after Giants....cruised around, got nada.......fun, but man, those things can be elusive! Eat em or take them to Montauk and sell them?

We could have sold him for $2400 but it was our first and he was good. If we got the 2 others, well that might be a different story.;)

Hey, if we catch some on our trip next year, we'll build a makeshift keyhole firepit right on a beach somewhere, cut a slab off of a fish and sear it right on the fire......AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH.....

Oh quit it you guys. I would LOVE to do that, but am pretty much assured that any "vacation" will be relegated to traveling to Texas to see the grand sons. Love the grand sons, but hate Houston.:(

Wow that's a nice fish

Sounds like a plan...I guess I don't have to be "quiet" during this type of fishing trip..lol....
I have a "problem" with being quiet...

Sounds like a plan...I guess I don't have to be "quiet" during this type of fishing trip..lol....
I have a "problem" with being quiet...
so long as you take yer turn on the fightin' chair, loud is fine! Worse yet, have to wear that dang rod-butt apparatus around yer waist....we went cod fishing a while back to Stellwagen.....I had an enormous bruise on my gut from it....but, we filled the boat with cod!

Status
Not open for further replies.