First bit of cool air headed our way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the day temps get above 70ºF and I close the windows at night. I think the stove stays off for a while more. Love the no a/c or heat season!

I went ahead and fired mine up for a couple hours to make sure all systems are go for winter. I think I am going to go ahead and bead blast my burn pot and replace the pot gasket and combustion blower gasket. I might let it idle tomorrow night since it is supposed to be down in the 40s. The heat pump is still super efficient at that temp... I just really enjoy relaxing in front of it down in the basement when its up and running.

41 degrees in Southwest VA this a. m. First fire to knock chill off.

Really cool here in central Maine. Frost warning for tonight and the weekend. Too bad, what few tomatoes I have were just starting to ripen. Not too proud to fire the stove up. Cold, it is what it is.

save$ said:
Really cool here in central Maine. Frost warning for tonight and the weekend. Too bad, what few tomatoes I have were just starting to ripen. Not too proud to fire the stove up. Cold, it is what it is.

you beat me to it. I just saw the frost warning for tonight. Same thing here with our tomatoes. Although we did get a few already.

Status
Not open for further replies.