First Burn In a Relined Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weeks001

Feb 24, 2014
Alabama
Okay, looking for some sound advice here. Last year was my first season with an insert. 30 years of neglect before I bought the house had left the chimney in bad shape. We had a "small" (if there is such a thing) chimney fire at the end of last season. Had the chimney inspected and subsequently relined.
I've spent the summer doing stuff the right way. Good seasoned wood, studied on proper burning technique ect. Is there anything I need to do to "break-in" the new liner before I throw a large hot fire in there?

Thanks,
Roll Tide

That SS doesn't care.

As with any change to the system, just keep an eye on things as the stove may operate differently now.

Yeah, the increased draft could be a big surprise. Was to me back when I installed a liner with the old insert. Stove ran away on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.