First burn of the season In Tx

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rideboard147

Feb 2, 2011
Weatherford Texas (DFW)
Well last year I didn't even burn one full bag until the first week of Dec. Last night I got to crank up the stove and will get to run it today and tomorrow before it warms back up. My pellet stash wont be delivered until next week. Luckliy tractor supply had some Ozark hardwoods in stock so I got 3 bags. This is a new pellet for me so maybe it will be a good backup to the softwoods I love so much. So far everything is looking good besides a pin hole of smoke in the pipe joint that I am working on.

I have used the ozarks for 3 years and like them they are a little dusty but they are made from wood LOL i have almost 3 tons of them TS had pre buy program and you could get them for 190 a ton. for that pin hole could you not use some hitemp rtv on it?

Ya I got my Rutland high temp silicone out. Finding the source is a little tricky my LED light went out so I need new batteries. Im not sure if our tractor supply does a pre buy I will ask. $190 a ton is a sweet deal! Its $254 a ton right now at my TS. I won't buy a ton without testing though. I made that mistake once.

yup i did too got the amrican fiber ones in a clears bag with handle when i bought the stove bad stuff in my opinion. owell the cool thing is the ozarks are made right next door to me well a few miles away in Missiouri i live in Kansas so kinda local..

I wish I had a plant close to me! Patterson wood products is 4 hours away. The pricing for pellets around me is very different every year. I have thought about going to Patterson wood products once every other year and load up on pellets for wholesale pric which is $175 a ton

I've burned atleast 15 or more bags already since late september ... cold up here..

I wish I had a plant close to me! Patterson wood products is 4 hours away. The pricing for pellets around me is very different every year. I have thought about going to Patterson wood products once every other year and load up on pellets for wholesale pric which is $175 a ton

Are the patterson pellets any good?...my local sutherlands has them in stock

I burned a few bags of the Patterson pellets last year and liked them. They burned clean and didn't cake up the burn pot like some hardwoods I have tried. They are a pine pellet from east Texas which I like. I have been burning Rocky Mountains the last 2 years but I have notice on the low setting of my stove they won't burn hot enough to keep the heat blower going at all times even with the feed rate maxed out. The Patterson pellets burned hot enough to keep it going at all times on the lowest feed rate and burned clean like I love about the Rocky Mountains. I have read on here that they can burn a little fast so I am about to find out if that is true. With the Rockies I only had to clean maybe once a week and that was just fly ash nothing built up in the pot. I hope the Patterson will be the same way. I didn't buy enough bags last year to burn them a full week but the few bags I did burn I was impressed. Buy a few bags and try them out to see what you think and let me know.

I had to light mine last night,got down to 37.I was hoping to wait until nov.1st ,almost made that date...

Rideboard147, did you have to drive to pick up the Pattersons or is there a local supplier near DFW?

Status
Not open for further replies.