First burn of the year, so nice to fire up the dragon.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neil said:
Did not need much excuse to get the stove going last night when "her indoors" said she was a bit chilly, the first of many.
Any of you good folk felt the need yet?

Absolutely Neil!! I have had a few small fires, too early for anything more serious though.. In one month it will run more...

Ray

Me too. Had small fires with some scrap wood both Saturday and Sunday morning's. By the way, how is Stratford on Avon these days? Is the Dirty Duck still there? I lived in Coventry back in the 1970's for a few years and got down to Stratford to catch an RSC performance occasionally.

Had fire 2 nights so far. Should be okay for a couple more weeks though before we fire up again.

Been doing at least one fire almost daily now for about four or five days now . . . sometimes I skip a day depending on the forecast.

Been burning for a couple of weeks now, sure is nice. Oh wait, we still have the natural heat and A/C running but I am ready to fire it up.

It's been in the 40's- 50's here. We've had a couple nice fires on rainy days and in the evenings. Did the few warm up fires for the soapstone and now we are ready to go. I do love a good fire in the evening...

It is a tad chilly in the basement. The Morso may see fire soon.

That didn't take long. First fire of the season is in progress. :lol:

scwoodman said:
Itching to get started using my new stove, but a bit too warm here now..........

Pete

Nice stove choice woodman! I think you will enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.