first burn pics, used Oslo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostock

Oct 27, 2010
Sharpsburg Maryland
finally hooked her up and i just gotta say WOW i love this stove. I ran it at moderate level all day yesterday (i let temps at stovetop vary from 400-500 most of the day). At 12midnight it was at just coals, i put on 3 splits (medium, not all-nighters) and buttoned her down. at 9:30 am still had a few coals and stovetop temp at about 200ish. 9+ hrs on 3 medium splits makes me happy. i must say i do wish the Oslo had airwash like the F3, but for spending only $250 on this stove (craigslist), i wouldn't change a thing :) Happy burns everyone!
001.JPG003.JPG
* the F3 gets hooked up in a couple weeks, on the other end of the house. Waiting on liner.*

So I'm not alone burning in the mid-50's in MD! I can tell the Mrs. I'm NOT crazy!

So I'm not alone burning in the mid-50's in MD! I can tell the Mrs. I'm NOT crazy!
Nope! stove is still going today LOL. My wife and kids are sure i have an addiction to wood stoves and collecting firewood, but i'll bet most of us on this site share this affliction :)

Great deal on that Oslo!

You can use me as another example for proving your sanity to your wife. It dropped into the hi 30's here last night. It is now 51 outside, but I would rather keep the stove going than start from scratch tonight. House should be extra cozy for the wife when she gets back from work today!

Wow yo got an Oslo for $250? Great amazing deal!!

That is a great deal! However, it makes one wonder just a bit. The outside temperature is not that cold at all and you ran the stove at 400-500 most of the day then added 3 splits at midnight. I'm trying to imagine what that house will be like in January-February with much colder temperatures. Please forgive me as I don't want to rain on anybody's parade but it just seems like you need to be prepared and know that you are going to need a lot more heat in the coming months. We've seen this many times when folks first fire up the stove in October and even November and are amazed at the heat. It is a totally different story when fall ends and winter begins. Let's not forget that winter doesn't get here until just a few days before Christmas. Fall is only a little over 2 weeks old so far.That said we wish you good luck and would love to hear you are having excellent luck all winter warming that home.

i must say i do wish the Oslo had airwash like the F3, but for spending only $250 on this stove (craigslist), i wouldn't change a thing :) Happy burns everyone!
View attachment 76216View attachment 76217
* the F3 gets hooked up in a couple weeks, on the other end of the house. Waiting on liner.*

The oslo does have air wash. Most if not all epa stoves do. Nice craigs list score by the way. Got mine for double that and was pumped.

Backwoods - yup it was way too hot - i wasn't running the stove at that level because i needed the heat (i was heated out of the room), just running it to get a feel for it's consumption and try to get used to the stove before the main season is here. 9+ hrs on 3 medium splits is what made me happy :) I haven't been that lucky with any of my other stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.