First Burn! Thank you....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rubyjliamf

Oct 6, 2008
Easton, MD
Hi everyone - after much consideration, laboring over hearth pad, etc. we have finally had our first fire in our Avalon 1750. Despite the paint smell right now- I love it! Easy to start and has been burning for 2 hours with only 4 logs in it. The installers said it was highest pipe they'd ever run, but it draws fantastically well. See our photos here:

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=178838&l=1ab47&id=716215593

The installers were also very impressed with my hearthpad. Homemade....
Thanks for all the great advice I got on these forums. I am sure I will have more questions as we progress with wood heat!

Nice looking stove and hearth. Good job. How tall is the stove pipe? Single wall or double wall?

wow thats a long one...

are there 2 stove pipes in your house?? looks like one in the back ground of the roof shot?

That other one you see is the "chimney" for our nat. gas furnace. We also have a direct vent gas fireplace in the LR that we decided to keep (see bump out in the same photo). Came with the house and we hated, but we left it there for resale. If someone really hates the wood stove, we'll just take it with us when we move! Just ventured up to the second floor and its 73 degrees without any supplementary heat on at all!

Its (16 feet) single wall to the ceiling and then double wall surrounded by some roof box (i did not crawl around in attic space while they were installing!) and then stainless double wall on the outside of the house....

So much for NFPA and their no more than 10 feet of single wall connector pipe stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.