First Burn today : Fifth Year with Ecoteck Ravelli Elena

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelleting In NJ

Minister of Fire
Sep 26, 2011
Central NJ
First burn this season. This is my fifth year with my Ecoteck Ravelli Elena. Bought three tons of La Crete pellets, bag says 0.3% ash....should be way better than the 3 tons of Stove Chow of last year.

I did the leaf blower trick for the first time....plenty of soot came out, even after the "regular" deep cleaning I did at the end of the last burn season.

Also, I added a thermostatic switch to automatically turn ON and OFF a Vornado fan I have sitting on top of my stove.

Third year with the Elena. I didn't do the real deep clean as I regularly use the LBT and don't use it very hard either. Was a good nice looking stove filling the void I use it for for the less than 1K I got the stove for. Managed to break a panel:(

I am looking for tintable epoxy or finding a ceramics shop for help

Not for Elena, wow what a bright red. That dealer has been trying for couple years to sell off stoves on CL. Only fifty miles from me.

Not for Elena, wow what a bright red. That dealer has been trying for couple years to sell off stoves on CL. Only fifty miles from me.
I'm thinking that is the Bordeaux but lighting makes it look very red... definitely not an Elena. Could always check to see if it can be ordered...

I finally broke down and fired up the Elena here too... Spruce Pointes to be delivered soon but I have lots of left overs from last year.

Francesca is still resting here, probably won't be firing until temps get down too or close too freezing,just been using a space heater to take the chill out of the house until it gets colder.

Next weeks forecast here to have 3 possible freezing mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.