first burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started mine today also to take chill out of the house. First time I am running it. In auto mode it seems the fire id not as tall ( only word I can Think of) as it is in stove mode. Is that because the stove senses it doses not need the heat? Also the distribution blower was not on in auto is that also because it sensed it did not need the heat. Newbe here so I am not sure whats what yet. What lights on the panel should be on when in auto. In stove mode they are all on.

referee38 said:
I started mine today also to take chill out of the house. First time I am running it. In auto mode it seems the fire id not as tall ( only word I can Think of) as it is in stove mode. Is that because the stove senses it doses not need the heat? Also the distribution blower was not on in auto is that also because it sensed it did not need the heat. Newbe here so I am not sure whats what yet. What lights on the panel should be on when in auto. In stove mode they are all on.

Welcome!!
What kind/model stove do you have?
Will help answer your questions.
If we run our stove in "Auto" and the room temp is close to what you set the thermostat at,
the fire will not be very high.(So as not to overshoot)

Now, if we turn the stove on and room temp is 62 and set thermostat at 72, the flames will be hugging the heat exchanger!

Hope this helps!

Sorry about that a harman P43. I have it in auto mode right now and fire went out I guess that room is to warm. Man it warmed the downstairs up real fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.