First Camping Trip Of The Season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

certified106

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2010
Athens, Ohio
Well we just got back from the first trip of the year and it was an awesome one at that!!! We went to East Harbor State park near Marblehead Ohio for four days where my wife and daughter took in the sites while my buddy and I took his boat out and went Walleye fishing. The fishing was awesome (we limited out everyday) and the weather was even better. The only bad thing was this trip will be hard to top for the rest of the summer lol... Here are a few pics of the trip.

Rig ready to roll

Poles in the water

29" Walleye

Wife and Daughter at the beach area

Some of the Campsites

At Marblehead Light house

Glacier Grooves on Kelleys Island

My Wife and I

Looks like you had a great trip Certified. Did you use some planer boards when fishing the walleye.

zap

Great trip.
Looks like it was cool by the water.
Tanks for the pictures.
I must've missed the pic of the campfire & walleye simmering LOL :)

Sounds like an awesome time! My family used to go up to Lakeside near Marblehead regularly when I was a kid. We even had a house there for a few years.

I've been so busy with work, I haven't had time to even buy a fishing license yet. Sad, considering I live less than a mile from a state park with decent fishing! I did finally get the motorcycle out and go for a ride yesterday. It felt really good to get back out and ride for a bit. I really have to make sure I make some time to go play this summer before it is gone!

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.