first cleaning of jotul 450 kennebec

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joann

Jan 21, 2010
nj
I took advantage of the warm weather a did my first cleaning today. I got about a cup full of brown soot. The only hard part was getting the baffle lifted back in. I used a toilet brush to clean the lower part of the pipe where it goes through the smoke shelf.Thanks to everone that has posted on the cleaning process of jotul inserts, making the job easy for me

Sounds like everything is working well and the wood is good. At that rate once a season cleaning would be fine.

I will probally pull the cap one more time in March just to check on things. I am really happy just to be able to handle this job myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.