First Cleaning - Photos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ERPARKER

Nov 23, 2005
Arlington, VA
Just had my stainless steel flue cleaned for the first time after just under two seasons of use. The first photo shows everything that came down. It was all powder with no chunks or glaze. The second photo shows everything scooped into a 5-gallon bucket. It filled about 1/4 to 1/3 of the bucket. Some of the creosote went into the vacuum, but the stuff in the bucket also includes the half inch or so of ash I had left in the stove so I figure it about broke even and I am calling it 1 to 1 1/2 gallons of powdery creosote after two years. It's been just this season that I've been able to regularly burn well-seasoned wood so I'm feeling pretty good.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 319
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 319
Status
Not open for further replies.