First Clinker of the Season!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy118

Sep 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Now I remember another reason why I disliked Green Supremes, other than my family says "they're stinky".... They were the first brand that gave me a "clinker". I have burned about 3 bags of them so far and have had 3 clinkers.
I can only recall maybe one ot two other clinkers forming on my burn plate other than these in the 4 years I've been burning pellets. Just thought I'd throw that out there....

John

Not that I am saying those are good pellets or anything, but it could be because maybe you were burning on a low setting, that can cause clinkers to form in any pellet.

Could be I guess, I have stove on t-stat, runs on heat 7, blower 8 when calling for heat,, on idle when not. I have pretty much kept this setting for last few years, and haven't had and deposits forming on the burn plate other than with the Green Supremes, but who knows?

John

Well then it is probably the pellets, maybe a lot of junk in them.

Now I remember another reason why I disliked Green Supremes, other than my family says "they're stinky".... They were the first brand that gave me a "clinker". I have burned about 3 bags of them so far and have had 3 clinkers.
I can only recall maybe one ot two other clinkers forming on my burn plate other than these in the 4 years I've been burning pellets. Just thought I'd throw that out there....

John
No pix?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.