First Cold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Well, the nut shells are in and now we have traded the wet weather for some cold.

The "stove shuffle" has begun for the winter.

Yesterday was a lovely day, but cool, and the little Whit was holding its own, buttttttttttttttt, last night the mercury fell to the low 20's F and it was a 2 stove night.

Both Whits burning happily and the temp inside at around 70F :)

I keep hearing that we are supposed to get plenty of cold and snow this winter ????????????????

Only Fools and newcomers make such statements ;)

Snowy

We're getting our first blast of cold weather up here too. Was -4(25f) outside this morning when I got up! My whitfield was on all night at feed rate 1 blower speed 2, kept the upstairs at 68. This is my first winter with a pellet stove, it came with the house we bought, so far wife is loving being warm in the house for a change :) Will be curious to see what my daily pellet usage is this week.

Well, the nut shells are in and now we have traded the wet weather for some cold.

The "stove shuffle" has begun for the winter.

Yesterday was a lovely day, but cool, and the little Whit was holding its own, buttttttttttttttt, last night the mercury fell to the low 20's F and it was a 2 stove night.

Both Whits burning happily and the temp inside at around 70F :)

I keep hearing that we are supposed to get plenty of cold and snow this winter ????????????????

Only Fools and newcomers make such statements ;)

Snowy

What type of shells are you using? Are burning 100% shells or a mix?

Interesting. what kind of BTU's and burn times do you get from the shells? Do they just get added into a load of wood as a mixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.