First couple weeks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
My stove got postponed till this week ): but after reading these posts for the past 2 months or so, i have come to the conclusion that the first couple weeks or so, i will be going thru some minor trial & errors. Good to know that i'm not alone & with this forum, it should alleviate a lot of my anxieties . I can't even begin to thank everyone that has answered my questions & posted their own experiences . I'm hoping that i can add my experiences & input so's i can also be helpful . Moderators are really great people as are everyone that posts on here .

muss said:
My stove got postponed till this week ): but after reading these posts for the past 2 months or so, i have come to the conclusion that the first couple weeks or so, i will be going thru some minor trial & errors. Good to know that i'm not alone & with this forum, it should alleviate a lot of my anxieties . I can't even begin to thank everyone that has answered my questions & posted their own experiences . I'm hoping that i can add my experiences & input so's i can also be helpful . Moderators are really great people as are everyone that posts on here .

You will learn alot Muss....I burned wood for long time and a pellet stove is pretty different by way of operating. Alot is trial and error. Little stuff that you wouldnt think that would stop the stove for safety reasons...it does! lol You should enjoy....

Learning the personality of each stove does take some time,
but IMO well worth it! This place is a valuable source of info
for just about any questions you will have.

Be sure to post pics when you are up and running.

Welcome Muss! There is nothing like reducing the need for heating fuels/gasses. Burning a bag of pellets is akin to eating a whole package of Gas-ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.