First day in the woods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Scotty, what kind of tractor is that in your avatar?
Jack, it's a '67 Sears Custom 6. Thing is in great shape, found it in a carport of an old house up at the foot of the mountain. Rebuilt the carburetor, cleaned out the gas tank and replaced the fuel lines.....great tractor to have at our tree removal jobs where the trees are remote or hard to get a truck in. Also great for jockeying wood around the house here, too! We bought it 15 years ago for $75.00, FIL donated his beat-up Jackson cart (I had some work in getting it fixed up, but it's heavy-duty now), couldn't do the wood thing without them.

http://vintagesearsgardentractors.com/Customs.html

Reactions: Jags and Jack Straw
If I lived closer Sav, I'd be up helping ya every other weekend in the winter. You're first class, all the way buddy. We'll be up in your neck of the woods next summer (gonna go to Michilimackinac and Mackinac for a couple days). we'll be looking you and the Mrs. up.

Let me know and we'll meet up at Savages.

Reactions: ScotO
lol Savage is roughly 30 minutes from me or so. We can help him process some wood.

If I know Dennis - he might help YOU process some wood.;)

If I lived closer Sav, I'd be up helping ya every other weekend in the winter. You're first class, all the way buddy. We'll be up in your neck of the woods next summer (gonna go to Michilimackinac and Mackinac for a couple days). we'll be looking you and the Mrs. up.

Good part too Scott is that we won't be much off your route heading north. You will be very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.