First Fire In Plaistow N.H.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new pellet stove in April and have been waiting to try It out. Well today Is the day. I came home at 4:00 and the house was 65Deg. I had already loaded a bag In so I turned the dial to on. After a few seconds I heard a clankity- clank . It was the auger pulling pellets into the burn pot. In about 30 seconds some smoke started to come up and the pellets started to glow red. Then FIRE . It got bigger and stronger and after a minute or two the room blower came on.Blowing full force. 15 Minutes later the room reached 75 Deg. which I had set on the stove. The Fire dropped back to a small burn and the room blower also went into low speed and has remained there for the last 3 and 1/2 hours. What I am saying Is the Harman Advance Is working as advertised The Instructions given to me by Home and Hearth in Hamton Falls N.H. were correct. The Addition of the O.A.K. recommended by so many of you good people on this forum Was Correct . And the use of Okanagan pellets (No dirt, Glass Is clean ) was also correct YIPPEE IT WORKS
Thanks All if you for the help

New Hampshire Jim said:
I got a new pellet stove in April and have been waiting to try It out. Well today Is the day...............YIPPEE IT WORKS..........

OK, now hold on there Jim....as everyone on this forum knows, when you install & fire-up a new stove, until we see pics, it didn't really happen! :)

Post pics!! (we love looking at new stoves burning)

First fire of the year in Chester, NH as well. Been waiting for a good opportunity to get the Accentra Insert fired up and not blow us out of the house. Comfy toasty at 73 with just a minuscule flame keeping things going...

Fired ours up for the first time last night as well. I don't know what the dealer did when he did the end of the year cleaning, but everything seems much quieter this year. House is toasty, too toasty for the dog. Looking forward to consistently colder temepratures. Of course I'll be crabbbin' about the cold by the December......

First fire of the year here in Hampton, NH. This is the first time I've used the stove since I finished building the house. It's not even that cold out but I just couldn't wait. There is something about sitting in the family room, in my favorite chair with a fire burning and the room warm in a way that only a wood or pellet stove can do. Come on Winter!
(by the way, I don't even have my furnace plumbed in yet...I'm in no rush!)

Chandler

I'm on day 2 of running my Mount Vernon AE a somewhat regular schedule. I'm trying to be very conservative because it is so early in the season, but it has been quite cold in the house (60 degrees yesterday with the central off).

gee....I'm still sleeping with the windows open and my fan on. Still waiting for it to get "cold".

Delta-T...Yeah, we still have the windows open in the bedroom cause we like it cool in there but when the family room temp dropped below 60, I decided what the heck. Right now it's beautiful in here but tonight?...It was so nice last night!

Chandler

Jim,

Glad you are happy with your setup.

Greetings from the Cape. I grew up near there in Atkinson. I know Westville well. Used to walk the tracks from Atkinson to the variety store next to Westville Hardware. My buddy worked at the old Lido gas station (used car dealer now) on the diagonal corner at East rd. And I remember when RT 125 was one lane in each direction. Used to love the pizza and Subs at Hot Line (Big John the Greek) just down the hill from the bridge. Across from what is now the Wal-Mart/Home Depot.

I still have family up there.

Good Luck,
---Nailer---

I lit mine up for the first time last night, too. gettin' chilly!

still runs fine. It did take a little longer than normal to ignite...and the smoke was unreal, too, before the little pile of pellets "burst" into flame. I think probably because the pellets had sat in the hopper all summer...probably soaking up moisture. But once the fire got going, everything was fine.

{oh, and OKs might be God's absolute gift to the pellet world, but...nothing should dirty up your glass after one evening of burning. ;-) )

I found the OKs at BJ's in Haverhill, btw. Same price as H&H;. They're set up to sell "by the bag", though. no delivery, or anything.

Ok Gang You wanted It You got It.
Pictures of the first fire(Well second fire)
One is in the STEALTH MODE)
Jim
P.S. If you people in the Plaistow area want real time accurate weather
Check out my weather web site attached
Winter 2009-2010 weather forecast by Jim LIGHT followed by DARK

Attachments

• Stove1.jpg
    Stove1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 338
  • Stove2.jpg
    Stove2.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 323
Hey Jim...My wife and I lived in Plaistow for 12 years. The first 5 years were on Dauntless Lane then we built a new house on Squirrel Run Road off of Forest St. We've been gone for many years and boy has the town changed! I had great times there. Coached my son, then daughter, in soccer (travelling team) until they graduated from Timberlane. Loved Old Home Days!

Chandler

LOL! Small world! All three of my kids graduated from Timberlane. My daughter is also a nurse :) I did the same thing with coaching. Started when they were little and got licenced as they grew so I could continue coaching...

Chandler

Just to throw my hat into the ring....

I graduated from Timberlane in '85.

Built houses for a few years then Joined the Navy. Punched holes in the ocean on submarines while in.
Returned to New England after 8 years and ended up here on the Cape. I still support the Navy's submarine efforts as a contractor. And I still go to sea.

Timberlane was a good place. I managed to have enough shop classes to keep my interest up to graduate. Mr Smith was the instructor and he was a great guy.

I will be up that way in a few weeks to cut and split wood for my mother.

---Nailer---

I taught at the Middle School for 23 years. From 1977-2000. Taught Science then Computer Ed. Have lived in the same house in Chester for the last 37 years.. The winters are cold but now that we know how to keep warm.... who cares.....

Status
Not open for further replies.