First fire in rebuilt VC Defiant!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyld Bill

Feb 5, 2011
Maine

Attachments

• bills-defiant.jpg
    bills-defiant.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 512
Bill, it seems like you worked really hard on this rebuild. Now it is time to enjoy the fruits of your labor! Great looking stove and nice job on all that you've done!

Looks great! Make sure you bring this beast to temps in order to get the everburn going!!

600 griddle temp and shut it down, you got it! it will purr for hours and i almost always have coals in the morning to start a new fire...and that is after about 9 hours of burn. im rebuilding mine this summer i think, i hope i have similar success.

Great job. i appreciate the pics - in case I need a similar repair in the future.

I found my Resolute Acclaim ran a lot smoother after I rebuilt it.

Nice Timing. It rots fininshing a stove repair then waiting weeks or months for cool weather!

Nice job. Looks like it's ready for another 20-30 years of service.

Hey Bill,
I did not know this was one of the pre 1990's model Defiant. I thought for sure this was a modern EPA rated non cat stove. Surprised to see it in the classic stove forum!

I'm planning on a rebuild for my defiant this summer. Where did you get your parts? I'm searching for the best place.

Sharp looking stove there!

defiant3 said:
Bill, did you say 700 stack temp.? Isn't that just a tad high? Happy heating!!!!
Yeah never mind,..all of those temp readings for stack temp are high,..my thermometer is off.

VCBurner said:
Hey Bill,
I did not know this was one of the pre 1990's model Defiant. I thought for sure this was a modern EPA rated non cat stove. Surprised to see it in the classic stove forum!
Uh,...yeah it isn't. Someone moved my post for some reason. ????

Wyld Bill said:
VCBurner said:
Hey Bill,
Uh,...yeah it isn't. Someone moved my post for some reason. ????
It is a 1610 model from 2005 right? This makes it an EPA rated non cat stove correct? Again, great job on the rebuild, it looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.