first fire in the Myriad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbyte

Aug 3, 2013
Arkansas
through the roof kit came Monday, it was all i was needing. had to stay home with a sick 3yr old yesterday and today, was able to get all the piping/framing/flashing done. fired it up tonite. got it dialed in on a small fire, not much smoke coming outta the chimney right now...

the air intake is only about half to 3/4's of an inch from being all the way shut. i played around with the air, it seems to really respond well, i could kill the flames and then start them back up while just getting to know the throttle. never had a stove before, but arent these flames secondaries since there is almost zero smoke? you cant tell from this pic, since it was still sorta early, but they eventually slowed down since the air was cut so far back...but still nice flames.

20131217_212948.jpg

:cool:

i actually had a hand full of small coals left this morning at 7:30. not enough to start a fire, but still, from that small fire that started 12 hours earlier, to which i only fed a few pieces to. trying to keep the first few fires medium i guess.. i could see a little smoke coming off the sides of the outside part of the stove...not bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.