First fire in the new Fireview!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xraydog

Aug 16, 2009
Northcentral PA
Hello All,

I appreciate all the imputs from the varied stove owners and the candid responses, particularly involving the cat and non-cat discussions. It has been invaluable for me with my recent stove purchase and operation.

I recently purchased and installed a Woodstock Fireview. I have the stove burning (first fire) as I am writing this. No real difficulties, but, it will take a little time to find the right settings with this stove but so far things have gone real well. Love that first fire smoke and smell.

I have had various Avalon stoves and inserts over the last 20yrs. I believe I owned at least one of every model they make. They have been real easy stoves to operate and I have enjoyed them tremendously. I was very reluctant to change. My switch to a soapstone stove satisfies a 'dream' I have had since a teen in the 1970's to own a soapstone stove. With Woodstock's price drop and the rebate from the federal government this was an opportunity to try the soapstone.

I'll keep the forum posted on my learning curve and comparisons with the non-cat Avalon.

Below are the pics of the stove after it was installed.

Rick D

Attachments

• fireview2.jpg
    fireview2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 545
Welcome to the stone side dog. It will only get bettter as the winter progresses. Do your breakin fires and get ready for that Woodstock warmth. Your hearth is one of the best looking I've ever seen, welcome to the forums, keep us posted on how things go for ya.

Very nice looking. That's going to keep you warm!

Steve

Indeed! a very pretty installation. Thanks for sharing the picture and welcome to the club.

Welcome to the forum xraydog. Nice looking install. Your stove looks like a twin to ours!

Be sure to do the break-ins right. Read the manual. You'll be one happy fellow come winter. Good luck and congratulations.

That is a picture perfect install. It looks stunning. Hope you have many years of good warmth from that hearth.

When you can, take a nice shot of it burning and post it into the Perfect Picture forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.