first fire of season thank you all

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymm

Jul 13, 2010
hudson valley ny
Been reading since last November. Thank you all for the vast knowledge that you guys have shared and that I've learned. Started out last year with a used jotul f3-cb burned one cord through it. Found out too small for my use picked up a used jotul f-500 Oslo that I burned 1 1/2 cords through. Made the mistake of not buying enough wood in the begin of the season. Had to deal with liars that said the wood was seasoned had one guy come back and take it back. Scrounged 4 cords last winter had it all split by early spring. Hopefully it's ready by now. First fire of the season last night. Thank you all again.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 220
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 224
Tony, almost every new wood burner who buys wood runs into the same problem so don't feel too bad.

Hold on, you won't need many more fires for a week or so as we're sending you some warmer air.

Welcome to the hearthside Tony. Looks like you have a great fire going there. Dry wood rules.

Keep scrounging Tony, theres nest year. Ive found that some wood like oak nees a little more time to season. My Oslo likes the really dry stuff. My son and I are working on 2012"s stash

Exactly...keep on scrounging. Enjoy the heat!

Welcome Tony.
Just going to echo what these guys have said, and emphasize the mantra, "dry wood, dry wood". Keep scrounging or buying now for next year. You'll be a much happier burner.

Welcome to the forum Tony . . . and thanks for sharing the great pic of the Oslo with those secondaries going full bore.

Status
Not open for further replies.