First Fire Of The Season, Gasket Replacement, And A Smoker

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr A

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2011
N. California
I am replacing all gaskets on my insert, a project that is going well, although the overpriced gasket kit I got online from Woodman's, (http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/575683/products/Jotul-Universal-Gasket-Kit.html) for the glass and doors on my Jotul C450, the 1/4" round gasket (self adhesive) for the glass is a foot short. Live and learn. I do not reccomend this gasket kit. They also told me it was enough to do the baffle, not even close for the glass alone. I would have sent it back but the shipping and restock fee math says just keep it and use it. Oh, the fire! Well, I needed to clean my glass, and needed some ashes to do so. I didn't have any, so I made some, and roasted some marshmallows. I also thought it would be a good time to burn the soot out of my Brinkmann smoker. The fire is in the charcoal ring, I put the barrel on and it burned the soot out of it, it burned the exterior red paint off it as well. No need for red paint any way!

Attachments

• 20130915_213539.jpg
    20130915_213539.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Jotul gasket.jpg
    Jotul gasket.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 148
  • fire1.jpg
    fire1.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 110
i know i am in Aus but them photo's are standing on their heads...... :cool:

yea, don'y know why that is. So much easier to upload pics from the Android, where they are, but this site flips them upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.