First fire of the season with CFM240007 (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

albertj03

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2009
Southern Maine
Fired up the CFM in the basement for the first time of the season tonight. Didn't take long to get it cranking using newspaper and wood scraps I picked up under the splitter. Here are some pics of two red oak splits in the stove.

The 2x4 you see behind the stove is exactly 15" (the clearance for the stove) from the heat plate on the back of the stove. Should I screw some fire proof board to it? I had the stove installed professionally so I figured they wouldn't have set it up that way if it was dangerous but it never hurts to be on the safe side. Someone told me to wrap tin foil around the 2x4 to reflect the heat from it, is this safe?

Attachments

• th_1256346722.jpg
    th_1256346722.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 217
  • th_1256346548.jpg
    th_1256346548.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 215
  • th_1256346337.jpg
    th_1256346337.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 212
Sorry about the pics. I tried to link them from photobucket using the IMG button but it doesn't seem to work. Will have to upload from the pc (on my iPhone now) tomorrow.

Use the direct link not the img link from photobucket

Tried everything. No idea why it doesn't work.

1256346482.jpg

Thank you! how did you do it? I saved them on my computer and uploaded them but they came out very small.

Anyone have any suggestions on that 2x4 behind the stove next to the chimney? It's 15" from the back of the heat plate and I was wondering if I should screw some free proof board to it or something. Someone told I should wrap it in tin foil to reflect the heat from it.

albertj03 said:
Thank you! how did you do it? I saved them on my computer and uploaded them but they came out very small.

For some url embeds I use this standard HTML syntax:
Code:
[img]domain/filename[/img]

For some embeds from sites, photobucket etc I need to conform to the message board/forum functions by using their canned tags as shown below, which is actually less complex, but I'm used to typing the statement myself as shown above:
Code:
[IMG]"domain/filename"[/IMG]

Not sure if this is governed on the source of image or the target(container rendering image) but I believe it must be the parser on the target site.

I build pages, just not professionally. I'm a BI & DBA scripting guy.

Looks good Albert.

As a temporary fix on the 2 x 4 you can wrap it in aluminum foil.

Backwoods Savage said:
Looks good Albert.

As a temporary fix on the 2 x 4 you can wrap it in aluminum foil.

Thanks - I'll wrap it today. A friend of mine who is a contractor was over this morning helping me with a few things (since I almost cut my finger off last weekend on my table saw) and he said he can move that 2x4 back another 6 inches which would put it almost 2 feet back from the stove which makes me feel much better. After that I'll screw some fire proof board on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.