First fire of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Montanalocal

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2014
Helena MT
First fire of the season.

Was quite chilly this afternoon. Am nice and toasty now. I am at 5000 feet elevation in central Montana. Get your chimneys cleaned, winter is coming. My weekend forecast below.

.TONIGHT...RAIN WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS 40 TO 45.
NORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR
100 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...RAIN WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS 45 TO 55.
NORTH WINDS 5 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR
100 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...RAIN...SNOW WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE
EVENING...THEN RAIN LIKELY AND SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOW
ACCUMULATION UP TO 2 INCHES. LOWS 35 TO 40. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO
15 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY...BREEZY. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW
SHOWERS LIKELY IN THE MORNING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE
OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS 50 TO 60. WEST WINDS
15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION
70 PERCENT.

I'm hoping winter holds off until at least November around here. I'm still not done with my install yet.

Sucky long weekend for you. We have clear and sunny with temps in the 90's for the next 5 days or so. Will be in the water the next 3 days at least. ==c

Started the stove today also.

A week ago it was bone dry and fire bans and heavy forest fire smoke in the air. Now its been so wet and cool with snow on the peaks and mushrooms growing on the lawn. No snow on the ground here but we had some flakes last week that didnt stick (3900 ft here). Second night tonight burning for me this year. Currently 45 out. Sitting in front of the stove in shorts burning a bit of lodgepole and fir. Bring it on!!==c==c

Status
Not open for further replies.