First Fire of the Season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlow

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2009
Sterling Heights, Michigan
65 degrees this morning in the house. Wife kept shivering. Thought I would fire up the EQ to take the chill out. It went down to 48 last night. Pic included.

Attachments

• DSC04911.JPG
    DSC04911.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 496
  • DSC04912.JPG
    DSC04912.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 491
Thats a Sweeet stove there! wow starting already 8.5 cords lol

36 here this morning but no fires. The sunshine warmed us up fast.

Nice setup....always enjoy seeing that EQ in the optimal setup (center of the room)
I just moved more shoulder wood into the shed......that warmed me up and I resisted the urge to fire up the Oslo.

WoodButcher

jlow said:
65 degrees this morning in the house. Wife kept shivering. Thought I would fire up the EQ to take the chill out. It went down to 48 last night. Pic included.

Very nice set up. Is that a fireplace in the background? Nice place to stack firewood if it is! What's behind that door under the fireplace?

I love the Equinox.. What a grand beast she is.. Just not an option for my setup.. Beautiful setup you have there..

stejus said:
jlow said:

Very nice set up. Is that a fireplace in the background? Nice place to stack firewood if it is! What's behind that door under the fireplace?

shh they don't talk about the door or what is behind it. :zip:

No fire here yet either but it won't be long...36* here. When I brought the dogs out earlier noticed there was frost on the cars too.

I think we hit the high 40's. I did run the furnace a while back for a cycle... The hampton is still idle...

The door hides some beer, wine and booze. Keeps it cool as it sits on a ceramic floor. We still use the fireplace to grill on in the winter months. Right now it will store wood.

Nice setup for that stove. I have the Heritage and really like it. No fire yet for me, although my wife wants to start "seasoning" the soapstone with a few fires this week. I don't think it is cold enough yet. I did move 1/4 cord up to the back porch this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.