First Fire of the Season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmcw

Aug 27, 2008
Texas
Here it is September 30, 2012 and today is the first fire of the season. It will not that cold this night but is nice to have the fire.

Robert

i had mine a few days ago it is nice

ol' lady says No Fire Yet. So I wait for a burn again... Our house is cool here in Illinois. Just kissed the 30's (inside 66*) but sunshine awaits again!

Why TX? Just too have?

Lately the weather has been too warm but I did sneak in a couple fires last month. End of the week looks like a good stretch of cooler weather where I can test out the new stove.

I had mine last night, too. Was nice to smell the dust burning off of it! I doubt I'll start it again for another week or so, but it was good to get the firs one in.

Had my first 2 fires a few weeks ago none since then.

Going to be cooling of again this weekend.

I dont light the stove unless overnight temps go into the 30s .With some passive solar warming us by day, this 100 Yr old house dont go below 70 unless its in the 30s at night.

We had fires all weekend.

Nothing but rain with highs in the low 50's and lows in the 40's all weekend.

The whole reason we bought this thing was to be warm and you bet your sweet *** we were!

We had fires all weekend.

Nothing but rain with highs in the low 50's and lows in the 40's all weekend.

The whole reason we bought this thing was to be warm and you bet your sweet *** we were!

+1 on that. Outside temps don't mean much to me but inside temps do. Just because the temp is 50 ouside, that won't stop me from building a small fire to take the chill off.

None here so far. But I might need to have one just to knock down the pistachio nutshell pile.

Looks like next week will be my first fire. Highs in the mid 50s are suppose to be here early next week. I guess I'll stink the place up with the 30 some time before that.

Sometime soon for us...have escalated to wearing real heavy socks to sleep in. Been tempted a few times but still no fires.

This and spring is the best time of year, tired of sweatin all summer. wont fire up until the real cold arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.