First Fire (OSLO)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptoneleg

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2010
Virginia
Well here is my first fire in my new stove. The tiles are soapstone, I am still in the learning mode on these pictures but have enjoyed all of the members pictures .

Attachments

• SDC10048-1.jpg
    SDC10048-1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 296
cptoneleg looks good, last year was my first year heating with wood and this site helped out alot. How much wood do you plan to burn this winter?

zap

Well I don't know we have burnt wood for over 20 yrs this is our first eith EPA stove we burn 24/7 we did burn about 4-6 cords a year. And we will probably struggle this year as I always burnt 3 to 6 month seasoned wood. Going to try to post another picture.

Here is another. Looks alot differnt with flash on.

Attachments

• SDC10053-1 Resized.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 231
WHOA!!! That's a real BLAZER you got going there, haha! Looks like a great setup. I'm partial to the Oslo.....CUZ I HAVE ONE :)

I know this, mine likes dry, well seasoned wood.

ansehnlich1 said:
WHOA!!! That's a real BLAZER you got going there, haha! Looks like a great setup. I'm partial to the Oslo.....CUZ I HAVE ONE :)

I know this, mine likes dry, well seasoned wood.
Wll I didn't know all this till I started reading stove revuews trying to decide which stove to buy, everyone said same does good with seasoned wood . So I will struggle this year. That was my first little breakin fire was 90 outside couldnt wait anymore. I think th little stove will be just fine.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.