First Fire .............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
............. of the season, too warm to leave it going, but wanted to make sure all is well. Once the supply fan kicks on and runs for a bit, I'll shut down and leave it on the 'stat ..............

P1070442.JPG

P1070443.JPG

P1070444.JPG

Reactions: jtakeman
Yep, fired the P61A the other night, mainly because I had some pellets to burn. Also & wanted to show the new GF how to use it.
Had flames in less than 8 minutes, so we're ready for whatever Ma Nature wants to throw at us...

Wahoo! I'm waiting for my linteater to come in tomorrow and then I'm gonna
make sure everything is clean and fire ours up. I can smell a neighbor burning
wood so it's making me itch for a fire lol

Man, Nov 1 will not come fast enough. I know it's sick but I am eagerly awaiting winter so I can enjoy the balmy temperatures indoors.

I'm betting I'll have my first fire this weekend. Forecast is cloudy with a high of 60 and low high 30's.

My stove stays on thermostat so it turns on when it needs to. Some mornings, the only way can tell if it ran over the night is to check the pellet level in the hopper.

I've had 3 early morning burns already and the first overnight burn was Sunday night. It's coming soon enough, 24/7 burns are around the corner. But here oil dropped to $3.09 today. That should bottom out soon and then climb for the winter months though.

My wife fires up are p35i in the am when getting the young one ready for school at 6 am.i shut it down by 9 when I'm out the door.house is nice and Taosty.

20141009_214056.jpg First fire of the year last night. Fired up and everything ran perfectly. Only problem was my house got too warm and the thermostat was happy all night so it really only burnt in its lowest setting.2014-10-10 11.24.33.jpg

Last edited:
First burn ever will be tonight or tomorrow morning. F600 is 90% installed: one more section of double wall to attach to the stack, one roof brace and one chimney cap to install. Break in fires to follow! Supposed to be 34 here tomorrow night. The Pens will be on the tube, the fire will be in the firebox, and the beer will be in my hand!

Nice! But if the house was too warm, what mode was it in ?
It was in automatic mode running on a thermostat set at 73. It was about 40f outside but it had been pretty warm during the day so the house wasn't cooled of to begin with. Once the room got to temp the stove kept it warm on its lowest setting, so it never kicked in to high. Not the worst problem in the world to have.

It was in automatic mode running on a thermostat set at 73. It was about 40f outside but it had been pretty warm during the day so the house wasn't cooled of to begin with. Once the room got to temp the stove kept it warm on its lowest setting, so it never kicked in to high. Not the worst problem in the world to have.
What stove is that anyway ? That's not a 52i right ?

What stove is that anyway ? That's not a 52i right ?
Its a US Stove 6041I. I needed a stove that could burn either corn or pellets and got a deal I couldn't pass up on this stove. So far I am really pleased with it, endless adjustment to get the burn perfect. Bumpy road to start but US Stove stood behind their product and it ran flawlessly the last half of the burn season. The only thing I would like is if it were a little more quiet, which I think I can get done without reducing the cfm (that's the project for this year)

Reactions: alternativeheat
Heard the Revolution kick on about 4:30 this morning ................ and so it begins, yet again...............

I have had 4 test burns already! Once to kick off the season and one for the hell of it and twice to test the back UPS with marine battery installed!
I loved each burn!

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.