First fire!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i picked up a few bags of barefoots ( or is it barefeets?) on the way home. Dragged the accentra out in the driveway an put it on auto and voilà.......I made FIRE!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 202
Congratulations Kennyz! I take it that you are burning off that new Harman smell before bringing it inside...

Like the avatar - haven't seen him in a while;lol

Fire, it's a beautiful thing.

Reactions: Cory S
I'll take that as a compliment, it's a 2003 serial number 375 ., I just cleaned the daylights out of it. Burning off the imperial stove polish.Thanks !
Time you spent cleaning and polishing was worth it. She looks good!

Reactions: Kennyz
Nice stove ..

Reactions: Kennyz
Holy flame!!!! What setting was that on?

Holy flame!!!! What setting was that on?

I'd guess 7 or so there Cory. He needed to get it nice and hot to burn off any paint fumes while it was outside. You haven't even begun to see flame if you have only run it on 2 ;)

I think that was about 6-6.5. I'm was surprised how little it actually stunk during the burn off. It smoked for about 15 minutes and that was it, and it wasn't heavy imho at all. You'd want a window open for sure if doing it inside. I'd highly recommend the imperial polish. It was really easy to apply and it came out great, Far exceeded my expectations, and it only took just over an hour. I used a small piece of old t shirt, and a cheap 1" paint brush that I cut the bristles was down on for all the decorative areas. I used a liitle more than half of the 6oz jar. I think it was way, way easier than trying to paint it.

Status
Not open for further replies.