First Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck172

Minister of Fire
Apr 24, 2008
Sussex County, NJ
I started a fire last night. Couldn't help myself. Finished the install of the TarmSolo40. After filling the system and bleeding out all the air I wanted to start a very small fire if anything just to dry things out.
I didn't get the gassification going as I only had crumpled up newspapers, kindling, and 3 small pieces of firewood. It worked.
All I have to do is wire the Honeywell L4008B and I'm done.
It's been quite the job.

chuck172 said:
I started a fire last night. Couldn't help myself. Finished the install of the TarmSolo40. After filling the system and bleeding out all the air I wanted to start a very small fire if anything just to dry things out.
I didn't get the gassification going as I only had crumpled up newspapers, kindling, and 3 small pieces of firewood. It worked.
All I have to do is wire the Honeywell L4008B and I'm done.
It's been quite the job.

Wow chuck, that was fast. Are you all plumbed and everything already? How long did your setup take?

Yeah its complete. I also ran fin-tube radiation around the basement, and I had to do quite a bit of re-piping on the existing system.
I planned for this and got all the material and roughed in everything I could before the boiler was delivered. I'll tell you Mr.Ed, it was no small task.
Phase 2=Storage.

Chuck- congratulations! remind us what you are planning for storage- size and method (pressurized or un-pressurized, what type of containers, etc)

Thanks

Trevor

As far as storage, I'm open to all possibilities.
I may even burn this winter without. Right now I'm leaning towards 1-500 gallon pressurized propane tank. Simple to pipe, no coils. I'll probably add another in the future.
I heard Tarm may be coming out with their version next year.

Chuck Congrats on the install.I still have tons to do.Cement floor is poured,now I am working on the storage tank.Next week should be ss liner then move boiler into cellar.Keep us posted when you get gassification!!!!!!!! Should be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.