First Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fod01

Feeling the Heat
Nov 4, 2008
Long Island
Gave the insert's squirrel cages a good cleaning yesterday.

Woke up at 5am for some reason and made a small top-down fire with some limb wood. I left the air open, and just let it die out.
The cast iron really stores the heat. The blower came on around 6, and is still cycling at 8am even though the fire has been out for well over an hour.

Buying a couple cords this week for next year. I envy you guys with a lot of room.

Gabe

I envy that you just started burning now. I have been burning 24/7 for well over a month now.

We're nowhere near 'officially' burning yet. To be honest, I needed to light that fire for my own entertainment, and to get it out of my system.
If we had your forecast, the stove would be cranking!

Gabe

48F this morning and holding. I broke down and woke up the beast with a small fire. It's going now. Looks like it's time to clean out the stove.

BG, good to hear you are finally firing things up. I'm about to get ours going again too as we'll be in the 30's and the wind has been trying to move us off the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.