First Fire !!!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Finko

Aug 22, 2012
Mason Dixon Line
Got some help and pulled the spankin' new 30NCH out into the driveway and got it rolling for the first time about 1.5 hours ago. Figured it'd be better to cure the paint outside than inside.
Not having any pipe hooked up is hurting the draft, I guess- have had the door cracked the whole time- but I've gotten a few wisps of reburn here and there. Started with split-up slab wood and through one large oak split on top of that. All wood is good and seasoned- checked with moisture meter.
Any advice re: how long to burn it? I frankly expected the whole yard to stink of paint based upon what I'd heard from some folks, but have only caught a few wiffs.
Thanks.

Reactions: bogydave
Mine was minimal. 2-3 fires of increasing heat. Enjoy the new stove!

Agreed. The first half dozen fires max. Add a piece or two of stove pipe to increase the draft. Good call on burning the first fires outdoors. My wife "kindly" suggested I do it on the next stove.

A

That was a good idea.
Wish I'd done that, had to open doors & windows when I lit mine new stove off. ;em

Status
Not open for further replies.