First Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Hey all, the season is officially here, well for us anyway.

I have been laid up after having a stroke and so my thoughts about winter, nut shells and stoves had not been on the edge of my plate

Yesterday I did some snooping for a couple dumpsters to store shells in as I sold my dump truck and now have to figure a new plan.

This morning I got up at 6 am and the house was cold, damn, 60 degrees when your sitting around in your night shirt sucks.

Soooooooooo, off to try my hand at making a fire with one hand. Nooooooooo problemo.

The old Whitfield happily went right to work.

I wont need to burn the stove long, but the day is supposed to be cool and cloudy, so there wont be a lot of sun getting in.

Last season IIRC we were into Oct before we had the first fire.

I am not ready for the season, not even, but its here.

Snowy

Hope all is going well Snowy. You are in our prayers. . .

We to have had a fire. The 1st was a couple days ago and I just kept the stat set on 68° w/ 3° swing. So at 65° it will kick on amd shut of at 71°… As it gets colder, the stat temp goes up. But for now, I will kepp it Low :) When its 0° outside, it will be 80° in this Mother!!! ;)

Hope you get something figured out with your Shells. Wish you lived closer, as I know many of us would help you out. Thoughts and Prayers from us.

Hope all is going well Snowy. You are in our prayers. . .

Hope you get something figured out with your Shells. Wish you lived closer, as I know many of us would help you out. Thoughts and Prayers from us.

My thoughts exactly, Dexter! Snowy, we're thinkin' about ya!! I'll include you in my prayers.....

Hope your feeling better and your are in our thoughts as well. Stay warm

Thanks all.
Been battling a nasty cold this week, but its almost gone now, and I am getting back into the groove.
Still limited to a great degree with the RH out of the fight, but at least I am in good spirits.

Going to show the kids how to clean the big WHIT tomorrow when they come over.
Got a plan starting to come together to do shells, so we shall see.

Later troops

Snowy

Snowy Keep Getting Better, Better Days Ahead, glad to see you on the board

Snowy,

Sorry to hear about what happened.

Take it one day at a time and things should get better.

I look forward to seeing you on the forum.

I hope you have a speedy and easy recovery. So sorry to hear about your troubles.

Snowy, Take Care of yourself.

Lit my stove for first fire of season on Friday Night.
Came home from work and house temp inside was 62 degrees.
Too cold for the Friday night folks that come over.

The big Enviro had the house warm in just a few minutes.

Be Well,
---Nailer---

Thanks guys

Long row to hoe ahead, but I will take one day at a time.

Snowy

Best of health to you from here forward!
And thanks for the push to start my stove!
I just cleaned and threw a few handful of pellets in to do a first run at 1030.
Hopefully all is well inside the stove and ready to start.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.