first garn on boiler room-first garn on boiler room to be relocated

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCaldwell

Minister of Fire
We are moving to a smaller house and heat load, the buyer has no desire to burn wood as he is a weekender. Most things take alot less time to tear down than build, that rule doesn't apply to the garn! I guess it is relative to how much you want to reuse on the next install. I sleeved the pex so i am 260ft of 1-1/4 ahead, pumps, ball valves and electronics are ready for the next install. the copper netted $180.00 at scrap and the black iron held the insulation down in the dumpster. This was like unwrapping a christmas present, to see red oxide garn again. It is off to the fabricators for a few mods, internal return water extension. I am looking forward to repiping with the supply on top. Also a new garn barn will be in the works, any suggestions or opinions would be welcome.
tom

That black iron was .12 a lb insulation weight as scrap iron. If you had much I think I would have found something else to hold it down.
The install should be easier this time around and I bet you have some improvments too.
leaddog

I will be building a Garn Barn.

I have an existing concrete slab, an insulated one would be better. I am thinking of using AAC or SIPS for the walls. I am more familiar with AAC.

I just wondered what you would differently having gone through the process once and in anticipations of a second one. More inside storage, better access?

No pics, then it didn't happen . . . ;-P

Keep us posted Tom. I doubt there is anything we could suggest that you have not already thought of or included . . .

Hey Tom, sorry about the phone tag. I've been in the truck more than I've been in bed lately the way it seems. Sounds like you have a few irons in the fire too. Keep trying.............. :)

Tom

Glad to see that you are taking the Garn along for the move. While you have the Garn apart, could you take a picture of your tubilator? I would like to maybe add one to my "beast" I'm curious to see what it looks like. Good luck on the reinstall. I'd love to see picutures. Sounds like you have the system about as efficient as possible.

Thanks

Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.