First haul of 2010

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Now I just gotta figure out how to stop this load from sliding down the ice and flipping my ride! :bug:

Attachments

• Haul.gif
    Haul.gif
    603.6 KB · Views: 380
Looks like fun time!

pull FAST!

exactLEE said:
Always skid uphill! :cheese:

Very sage advice! Unfortunatly, my house is substantially below the harvest area. Good thing, cause my lil 50 Hp tractor would not have pulled that load uphill :eek:hh:

You can NOT outrun logs sliding on ice. The rush from the Monster drink could not compare to the adrenilin rush while watching a load of logs slide past you and wondering if it was gonna flip the tractor when the chain tightened!

Put a rope on the hitch pin for your clevis. As the load passes you, pull the pin, the chain should be slack. Deal with the mess when it hits the bottom. You might be out a clevis but that's cheep compared to your tractor or your life.

Side note: Be sure skidding trial does not line up with anything valuable (house, shed, truck, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.