first lawn tractor, any tips?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... I've been thinking of picking up a spare set of blades for that deck (not cheap!). Maybe I should consider those? Will have to check availability / pricing.

I would help you out (I have a Stens account, just like eveybody else in this business!) but I'm afraid that after shipping, I wouldn't be much help. :confused:

List price on a set of 3 of those blades is $75. Guys that regularly stock Stens parts may be able to help you out. Internet isn't turning up much as that is a brand new part # for them. They have been expanding the Silver Streak blade lineup rapidly the last couple of months.

With a growth rate around 1 inch per day, it's like bailing hay, if I let it go longer than that.

You just need a different approach. >>

images

List price on a set of 3 of those blades is $75.
At that price... no problem! I had heard a price (second-hand) from Deere that was more like 3x that amount for the OEM blades.

You just need a different approach. >>
There's a guy up the street selling a 3-point finish mower for a few hundred, although quite a bit smaller than that, and not real type. I'll stick with my Zero Turn for zooming around the yard, thank you very much!

I do have a 72" belly mower for the Deere 855, but was planning on selling it. I don't see myself using it enough to warrant the storage space it consumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.