1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

First Leaf Blower

Post in 'The Gear' started by jwoair23, Nov 29, 2012.

1. jwoair23

jwoair23 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Pretty excited, I have been wanting a leaf blower for awhile, ever since I borrowed my neighbors. I have been looking for a good deal, and finally found one. I got a Husqvarna 125b off of Craigslist for $90, they are normally $150. It looks practically brand new (air filter is still white/clean!), the guy said he was moving and didn't need it anymore.

Tried it out just now and it works great, I absolutely love having a throttle control on it, my neighbors didn't have that (cheapie). Seems to have pretty good power.

I had originally wanted a Stihl BG55, but this being its equivalent in Husky brand, I couldn't pass up this deal!

Attached Files:

zap likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Adkjake

Adkjake Member

Loc:
    Adirondack High Peaks
    Bought the same one a couple of years ago, has gotten steady use. Haven't had any problems with it. Most always starts on the 2nd or 3rd pull
  3. Snotrocket

Snotrocket Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Maine
    I've had the same leaf blower for a few years now. It has never failed to start and has blown some serious leaves.

I live on 4 acres of hardwood and have no lawn to give you an idea of the number of leaves on the property.
  4. jwoair23

jwoair23 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Glad to hear it performs well, appreciate the comments! The main things I want it for are cleaning the truck bed, cleaning up my sidewalks/patio from cutting the grass, and cleaning up the alley/yard/sidewalks from unloading the firewood from the truck and moving around the stacks. I actually only have a minimal amount of leaves that come from my neighbors tulip tree.

I love adding to my tool arsenal, I'm still young and trying to build up my collection! :)
  5. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Picked up my SH86 for exactly the same reasons you bought your machine. I have a badass backpack blower (Stihl BR600) but for quick clean-up after mowing and blowing out the truck bed, not only is it massive overkill, it's a pain to drag out, fire-up, strap it on, run it for 5-6 minutes and put it away. Plus I needed something with vacuum capability. I gotta lot of nooks and crannies that get clogged up with oak leaves.
  6. WhitePine

WhitePine Feeling the Heat

I have the 125B. It's a good product. Mine works just fine, with no starting issues.

FYI, there is a gutter kit available for it, if you need one of those. Baileys carries it.
  7. HittinSteel

HittinSteel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    I have the backpack 150 and absolutely love it. That blower will serve you well.
  8. Halligan

Halligan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southeastern Massachusetts
    I have the same blower and use it for the same job's. For big job's I fire up the backpack blower. I'm fairly young (37 years old) and I've slowly built up my tool collection over the last 20 years. I always buy the best tool I can afford and find that's the smartest way. Pay a little more now instead of twice later because you bought junk. I still have just about ever hand and power tool I ever bought and they still do the job like the day I bought them. I've watched friends throw away inferior (cheap) tools and buy another POS to replace it and I scratch my head wondering why.
  9. weatherguy

weatherguy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Mass
    I finally got an Echo backpack blower this year and use it for all the things you plan on using yours and I cleaned up my leaves this year the quickest and easiest ever, its a great tool to have.