First Load of Pine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Since it is damp, windy with the temps dropping to the mid 30's I touched the Liberty off with it's first load of White Pine.

Stovetop temp is 600 with the Flue temp at 400.

zap

Attachments

• 100_6123.JPG
    100_6123.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_6124.JPG
    100_6124.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: Pallet Pete
Looks nice. That windy front is pushing its' way through with rain expected within the hour. Still t-shirt and shorts here though.

I can almost feel the heat from here zap. Dang it was chilly out there today.

Nice looking fire ZAP. You may get some frost tonight. I will have to warm up the house before bed to make dam sure the oil burner does not turn on.

Reactions: zap
It's perfect for this weather, I see you are sending us those temps! ::-)
zap

Nice looking fire ZAP. You may get some frost tonight. I will have to warm up the house before bed to make dam sure the oil burner does not turn on.
I think Sunday night for us,first frost. It must be windy in the Burg today.

zap

I think Sunday night for us,first frost. It must be windy in the Burg today.

zap

Yes. It has been. Cool, but not too bad.

Yes. It has been. Cool, but not too bad.
Yankees vs. Baltimore, who do you like... how many games will they win.

I'll take the Yankees in four.
zap

I'll take the Yankees in five. If I were a betting man, which I am not (and I can't afford to lose any money right now o_O ) ;lol I might bet with Baltimore even though I am a Yankees fan! Just because of what I have seen in the last two months. If they are on, they can beat anyone. But if......
Let's hope Hedeki, Derek, Raul, and Nick continue with their batting. And who knows. Maybe that guy. What is his name? Alex somebody, will show up sooner or later and earn his salary! Doubt it though. ;sick

Zap that looks real nice !
We have been burning soft maple so far saving the ash for the colder months.

Pete

Zap that looks real nice !
We have been burning soft maple so far saving the ash for the colder months.

Pete
I threw in a second load, the basement is 80 and the upstairs is 72, I'm happy with it. If I work on more shoulder season wood it will be Hemlock that is down, it has a few more btu's.

zap

Just brought my basement up to 78, first floor is 73. Second floor 73. Boiler off.

Here is tonights load for the night just getting going on a coal bed left from this morning :)

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 120
I had to light up last night. We went from a high of 80 to a low of 32 in less than 48 hours. Nice and warm in here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.