1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

First night without a fire since October!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by ScotO, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ScotO

ScotO Guest

You got that right, EC......It's gonna be unprecidented as far as bugs are concerned....

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Snow mixed with rain this morning and more coming tomorrow. This is one soggy cold March out here. No problem with water this year. The snowpack in the mountains is getting a full recharge.
  3. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Thats crazy, BG. Thats normally how it is this time of year here! But according to the.most recent weather report I saw, its supposed to be near 80 a day or so this coming week here in PA. Totally wacky!!
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    No fire this morning . . . but I had one last night to take out the chill . . . of course it was so warm yesterday I was actually out back eye balling the swimming pool.
    ScotO likes this.
  5. MishMouse

MishMouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Verndale, MN
    Haven't had the stove running since March 10th. We had a few cooler nights but instead of lighting the stove we just turned the oven on low for about an hour. Upstairs has been staying in the 70's, but the basement is getting into the 50's.
  6. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    More light snow overnight. Mt. Baker has over 26 ft of snow so far this winter. This part of the country is getting too 'polar'ized!

weathermap.PNG
  7. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Th
    that's downright unreal....
  8. DanCorcoran

DanCorcoran Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Richmond, VA
    Begreen,

Your post is dated "Today, 6:00 PM". It's only 4:15 PM on the east coast and 1:15 PM on the west coast. You may want to pass along to Craig that there appears to be a bug in the timestamp feature... (I don't know his email address).
  9. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Mine was doing that until I went to my preferences and fixed my time zone.

pen
  10. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    The train is pretty far off the tracks here, anymore talk about the last fire?
  11. woodsmaster

woodsmaster Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N.W. Ohio
    I've had the air on the last 3 days ! 80 degrees here !! Still havn't had the last fire though I'm still heating my water.
  12. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I think I may build a chiller killer tonight. Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow with lows in the low 50's, if I don't the boss will be complaining. I'll wait til an hour before bedtime to do that.....
  13. Treacherous

Treacherous Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WA state
    At my cabin still mid 20's overnight, highs in mid to upper 30's and snow throughout the week. Oh well.. it will make for an extended sledding season.
  14. Hiram Maxim

Hiram Maxim Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Michigan
    Yeah I think Your right!

Its 86::F today....
    ScotO likes this.
  15. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    Just got home and I have a bird in the pipe, it's been so long. I suppose I should figure out how to get it out. I'm gonna be unhappy if it's been pecking away at the back side of the cat :mad:

Looks like fire again next week.