First of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
Broke down this morning and started up the Revolution, kinda chill and damp here. No big problems on startup, just the usual little annoyances. Houston, we have ignition.

Not too proud to have my running. Don't like the cold and dampness one little bit. Esp on the lower level where the stove is and so is the family room and my office. Only thing is I can only run the stove for a few hours before I have shut it down. Just too warm for me there.
I don't have the thermostat. This and late spring is most likely the only time I could use one. For now, I'll stay manual. No option for a thermostat with this stove. Getting back to the weather. This year, I'm not seeing much for fall color. Leaves are fading and falling off. So far, no frost here. Very wet fall for us. Farmer's Almanac says cold and snowy coming in Nov.

Last year I turned the stove on October 9 and I'll be damned if I'll turn it on before the 15th this year. So the boss best not get chilled at camp Columbus Day weekend.

If she does she is going to bake some bread and pies to warm the place up.

Enjoy your heat hoss.

My Sante Fe fired up quite nice last night and heated the house great. It was about 23 last night.

well i gotta confess....... i touched mine off for 30 min this morning to get the chill out...

roadking88 said:
well i gotta confess....... i touched mine off for 30 min this morning to get the chill out...

Same here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.