First overnight with Lopi Freedom

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krav51

Sep 28, 2015
glenmoore pa
Following the advice of many here,I loaded as much as could get in at 10 pm,let it run wide open till I hit 550,then shut the down just a tad from fully closed.Woke up at 5:30 to a bed of only red coals with the fan still running and a stove temp of 175.Placed a few small splits on and she fired right back up.Temp outside was 30 this morning and the house was warm.All in all I'm pretty happy ,especially compared to my old smaller insert.The only real issue was my glass completely covered in soot,but after I got it up to temp again it cleared up.Thanks to all who gave advice during this learning period:)

Last edited:
Reactions: NickDL
Status
Not open for further replies.