First overnighter......almost

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trktrd

Feeling the Heat
Nov 12, 2010
Arkansas
5 hours isn't too bad for the first "big" burn. After a month of reading here, refurbishing my old Ashley and getting comfortable with it out in the barn, Moved it into the house yesterday. What a diference from the old logwood stove I've been using the past two years. I didn't even know what a CAT stove was a month ago, but I'm sure glad you guys educated me. Kept the house a cozy 80 degrees all night. Set my air handler at 80 to distribute the heat to the further areas of the house and every room stayed warm. Nice to hear that fan kick on knowing the electric heat strips were shut off. Looking forward to next months electric bill. I can finally turn off those nasty heat strips for good. Thanks for all the info and help I've found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.