First post....and a crushed van!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic G

Aug 20, 2012
Indiana
Greetings and hallucinations..........

Been lurking for over a year, figured it was time to actually post. Here is a crushed van I got out on a scrounge this summer. The storms in Delaware county Indiana made for a many a scrounge this year. The van is from Muncie, Indiana- Old Historic District crushed van1.jpgcrushed van2.jpgcrushed van3.jpgcrushed van4.jpg

Reactions: ScotO and quads
Guess I should have clarified- not my van......just got a picture of it and scrounged some wood from beside it. It was a maple

Maybe you could make a wood hauler out of her!

To quote Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times At Ridgemont High "My Dad's this incredible TV repairman,he's got an awesome set of tools,he can fix that!!" (I wonder if Phoebe Cates is still smokin' hot like she was in that movie? I kinda doubt it....;))

Reactions: Nordic G and ScotO
"The van is from Muncie, Indiana- Old Historic District"

The van is most certainly history, I'm quite confident of that. :p

Welcome! Chevy uplander is now a Chevy flatlander. A C

i'm not sure what makes me more sad.....the fact the van is totaled or the fact the van owner is not a wood burner!

Welcome to the Hearth forums! One question: anybody hazard a guess as to how many face cords of van is there? :eek:

Welcome.
Hope you didn't nick the paint when cutting, hard on the chain :)

Welcome to the forum! Never had to maneuver around a van when cutting before!

The wood should season well in under 2 years, not sure how long the van will take though! :)

Wew! It's a good thing it wasn't your van. I hate it when I fell trees and they land on my own stuff. . . oh, wait a minute . . . the STORM blew the tree down and you just snapped the photos after cutting some of the tree away. (tongue-in-cheek)

A lot of those silver maples around towns are rotted out accidents waiting to happen. This was one of them.

A lot of those silver maples around towns are rotted out accidents waiting to happen. This was one of them.

Yes they are....I have scrounged 3 maple varieties this summer--all urban scrounges from storm damage!

Actually.....when I took the crushed van pics I was headed 1 block over to cut up this bad larry

droid pro 8-27-12 289-2.jpgdroid pro 8-27-12 290.jpgdroid pro 8-27-12 290-2.jpgdroid pro 8-27-12 292.jpgdroid pro 8-27-12 296.jpgdroid pro 8-27-12 310.jpgdroid pro 8-27-12 311.jpgdroid pro 8-27-12 312.jpg

As you can see, the piece of craftsman managed to get his ugly mug in the pics..

there's a lot of wood in that tree...go craftsman

Status
Not open for further replies.