first post and lots of troubleshooting questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

poldo

Oct 28, 2008
upstate ny
Hi all this is my first post .. I have a winrich pellet stove, just got it and it needs some help
I am aware of a company that sells parts for it but they are not very helpful with troubleshooting
ideally they'd prefer if a customer buys all the parts regardless if they need them or not :)they charge $80+ for phone support
ok so my stove auger motor works but the green light does not come on and it will feed only using the manual switch...
there is a rotary feed speed control but instead of changing the speed of the auger motor , it changes the speed of the blower fan ?!?!

My first thought was to replace the 3 thermal switches ( high and low limit), 2 have fallen off and are broken but maybe there is more..
to start .. does anyone know how I can test the control board?
can I buy any brand snapswitch ? they seem to be pretty standard parts on most stoves the winrich has F120-xxxx and I have seen others with similar numbers so I am assuming they are the same and differ only by temperature..

thanks
PS
I would love to be able to find some schematics or a manual for this stove .. a scan would be nice :)

DiggerJim said:
Check out this page: http://www.butkus.org/whitfield_pellet_stove.htm

There's some info on troubleshooting that applies to a lot of stoves. There's also a link to a schematic: http://www.butkus.org/pellet01.jpg

Thanks ... yes I have already looked at both, very helpful though I was hoping to find better looking schematics, the snapswitches #'s in my stove are partially rubbed off
and that schematic is really hard to read but I think I got most of it right .. I hope LOL

I did follow some of the web site tips but no luck ...

Status
Not open for further replies.